•   about 2 months ago

Please provide microphone access for Forge apps

Currently, forge apps cannot access the user's microphone, and there's no way to request that either. I don't see why that should be, as users are prompted for permission before microphone can be accessed. But right now, we can't even prompt users for consent.

All it'll take to change this, is to add the string: allow="microphone *" to the iframe declaration that loads the forge app.

Could this please be done, at least for this hackathon?

• 5 comments

• Manager   •   about 1 month ago

Hi Ali!

Good question. I'm not sure if they can add new features mid-hackathon but you can sign up to attend one of the two Office Hours sessions on Wednesday, 8/11: https://codegeist.devpost.com/updates/18836-forge-office-hours-8-11-webinar-recording The Forge team will be hosting these and may be able to get you a workaround.

You can also post on the developer forums where the Atlassian team is checking in (use #codegeist so they know it's about the hackathon): https://bit.ly/3fLHB7H. And last suggestion! If you cannot get access to it but see clear value in the addition of the feature, please also take the opportunity to post feedback. There are cash prizes for it. You can read the details in the rules or also in short form here: https://codegeist.devpost.com/details/bonusprizes

Thanks so much,
    Stefanie

•   •   about 1 month ago

Thanks Stef - fyi I did try to post this twice to their forum but both times, it looks like it got automatically removed or marked as spam. I don't see it in my activity.

•   •   about 1 month ago

Are the office hrs going to be one on one or group?

• Manager   •   about 1 month ago

Oh I'm sorry! I'll flag this to the Atlassian team about the questions not staying up.

For the Office Hours, they won't be one on one, but they've offered two times on the 11th to hopefully accommodate time zones. This should also lead to smaller groups in each one.

•   •   about 1 month ago

Hi Ali. I checked with the Developer Community managers and they said when it is flagged as spam it goes to a cue and they approve it. So it was approved this morning, and it should be showing now. So you can always comment on your own post now to get more activity to it.

Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.