For more knowledge, join the Atlassian Developer Community - Use the tag Codegeist2022 to make sure your technical questions are viewable to everyone participating
1. When does the challenge start and end?
Registration opens at 10:00 am EDT on September 6th, 2022 and submissions are due by 5:00pm EDT on October 31, 2022.
2. When are the winners announced?
The final winners will be announced on November 21st, 2022.
3. Is it possible to submit more than one entry?
Multiple submissions are allowed as long as each submission is significantly different from the other(s).
4. Do I have to pay for an Atlassian Cloud developer account? Is there a cost to participate?
No. Once you register, you will be sent an email from the Devpost team to sign up for a free Atlassian Cloud developer account.
5. What is my challenge? Are there specific categories?
We want to unlock peoples' passions and creativity for cross-collaboration that matter most to them and to show the developer community through the diverse submissions that Forge has a vast use case potential.
Our mission is to unleash the potential of every team and your challenge is to create the best app that does just that. Pick from one of the three categories:
- Apps for DevOps Teams Addresses an internal or publicly shared need within DevOps teams for better collaboration, automation, and intelligent workflows.
- Apps for IT Teams Addresses an internal or publicly shared need within IT service management teams to deliver faster and collaborate effortlessly.
- Apps for Business Teams Addresses an internal or publicly shared need within the workplace to create, collaborate, and organize work in one place
6. Do I need to be in a team to compete?
No. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team. If you are an individual looking to find a teammate or join an existing team, you can join the Atlassian Developer Community chat here and let members know you are looking to join their team or start a team.
9. Where can I see your Terms and Conditions?
Please visit the terms and conditions page here for the Codegeist 2022.
10. How are submissions judged?
Each entry will be evaluated by a panel of judges. We have built a global team of qualified judges with a wide range of backgrounds. Completed entries will be evaluated based on three criteria:
- Quality of the Idea Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
- Implementation of the Idea Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.
- Potential Impact Includes the extent to which the solution can help the most Atlassian users.
11. How can I access feedback?
The first option is to leverage our Atlassian Developer Community and join us in the Forge category. Create a topic using the tag #codegeist2022, and ask your question.
Alternatively, we will be posting office hours for October. Please keep an eye out for email updates from the Devpost/Atlassian team.
Lastly, we accept early submission for feedback. Remember, you can edit your submission as many times as you’d like before the deadline.
12. I'm under 18; can I participate in this hackathon?
If you are under 18, or under the age of majority where you reside, you are not eligible to enter and participate in the Hackathon. If you would like to enter and you have a parent or guardian who meets the eligibility requirements and is willing to enter on your behalf, you can ask them to register for the Hackathon and submit your project on Devpost. Please see the rules for full details.